The Department of Information Technology at KFUEIT offers its students and faculty a platform to learn and explore challenging problems related to Information Technology. More specifically, the stake-holders investigate and solve together the open challenges of Information Technology. The focus of the department is on the quality teaching and research using available state-of-the-art facilities. The department aims to cope with the needs of Information Technology professionals to meet the rising demands at both Nnational and Iinternational levels. The department has devised a well-designed curriculum, as per HEC guidelines/requirements, combining all necessary courses ranging from basic to advance, equally supported by the thesis and case studies.
The examination of the department is based on the semester system under the unified exam policy of the university. The department educates and conducts research covering wide areas from fundamental technologies such as software engineering, image processing, object oriented programming, computer architecture, algorithms, database system, networks, and Internet technologies, which support infrastructures of the highly information-oriented society to applied and advanced technologies. To achieve this mission, we provide attractive educational programs for students to learn, from the basics to advanced technologies, related to computer science and information technology. Through our educational programs, students are expected to become leading Information Technology professionals and researchers who are highly motivated and have practical, creative, and management skills to drive next-generation secure information society.
To be a professional leader in delivering IT based services in support of teaching, learning, research and produce self-motivated, creative, and professionals.
Our mission is to provide a quality education and;
- To produce graduates who are successful professionally, ethically, technically and scientifically to make positive contributions in the field of Information Technology.
- To prepare students to function effectively in a dynamic technological era.
- To contribute positively to the economic development of the country providing services to the community.
- To prepare the human resources to overcome the shortage of skilled manpower who can face the challenges of the 21st century.
Programs Being Offered
- BS Information Technology
- BS Bioinformatics
- BS Telecommunication Systems *
- MS Information Security
- MS Information Technology *
- MS Telecommunication Systems *
* Subject to approval / NOC from HEC / Competent Authority / Accreditation Body
Key Features / Facilities
- General Purpose Lab
- Database / Software Engineering Lab
- Networking Lab
- Programming Lab
- Micro Processor / Embedded Lab
- Electronics / Circuits Lab
- Advance Network Research Lab