The Department of Physics at Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology is privileged to have highly enriched faculty. All the faculty members are PhDs with more than half having international qualification and experience. The department has well-equipped laboratories, advanced learning facilities, technology equipped class rooms and lecture theatres. The courses offered by the department of physics constitute an integrated series of basic and advanced physics topics in different fields of physics.
Vision & Mission
To become the centre of excellence in physics by providing high quality education through rigorous course work, cutting-edge interdisciplinary, multi- disciplinary research and collaboration with industry.
The department seeks to deliver the best scientific methods in teaching the principles of physics theoretically and experimentally, and focuses on to maintain the level of education, scientific research and community service.
Key Features / Facilities
- The Physics department has an honour of hiring more than 12 PhD qualified faculty members graduated locally and from various foreign universities.
- Deliver excellent education to nascent scientist and engineers.
- Providing a lively intellectual atmosphere to its under-graduate and graduate students.
- Special attention in teaching and training the students to be at the forefront of the next generation of physicists.
- Department of Physics is equipped with various academic labs:
- Mechanics Lab
- Thermodynamics and Electromagnetism Lab
- Waves and Optics Lab
- Advance Physics Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Modern Physics and Spectroscopy Lab
- Department of Physics has also established a research Lab to fulfil the needs of undergraduate and graduate research projects
- Necessary equipment for materials synthesis is already present the lab, e.g.,
- Muffle Furnace
- Magnetic Stirrer
- Oven Universal Memmert Digital PID control
- Centrifuge Machine
- Microscope Trinocular Research Antimould Treated Stand with Camera
- Moreover, Department is in process of Purchasing state of the art latest equipment to fulfil the need of Material characterization at micro and nano meter scales.
- X-ray Diffractometer
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope