The Department of Physics at Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology is privileged to have highly enriched faculty. All the faculty members are PhDs with more than half having international qualification and experience. The department has well-equipped laboratories, advanced learning facilities, technology equipped class rooms and lecture theatres. The courses offered by the department of physics constitute an integrated series of basic and advanced physics topics in different fields of physics.
Vision & Mission
The Mission of the department is to become the centre of excellence by providing high quality education through rigorous course work, cutting-edge interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary research and collaboration with industry. For the purpose, students are encouraged and motivated to take part in co-curricular and extracurricular activities like industrial tours, science exhibitions, sports gala etc. Graduates, who will spend their formative years here, will go on to make extraordinary contributions to science as researchers, teachers, and intellectual leaders.
Key Features / Facilities
- 12 PhD qualified faculty members
- Lively intellectual atmosphere
- Support and Knowledge sharing with various engineering students
- Research Lab
- Department of Physics is equipped with various Academic labs
- Mechanics Lab
- Electricity and Magnetism Lab
- Waves and Oscillation Lab
- Circuit and Devices Lab
- Advance Physics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Modern Physics and Spectroscopy Lab
- Advance Physics Lab
- Necessary equipment for materials synthesis is already present the lab, e.g.
- Muffle Furnace
- Magnetic Stirrer
- Oven Universal Memmert Digital PID control
- Centrifuge Machine
- Microscope Trinocular Research Antimould Treated Stand with Camera
- Moreover, Department is in process of purchasing state of the art latest equipment to fulfil the need of Material characterization at micro and nano meter scales.
- X-ray Diffractometer
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope
Programs Being Offered
- BS Physics (4 Years Program)
- MSc Physics (2 Years Program)
- MS Physics (2 Years Program)
- PhD Physics (3 Years Program) *
* Subject to approval / NOC from HEC / Competent Authority / Accreditation Body