The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2014 and is one of the pioneer department in Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology. The Department of Mechanical Engineering implements a serious of continuous quality improvement measures and continuously strives to produce successful engineers who are able to excel on global stage.
Vision & Mission
To be recognized as world class Mechanical Engineering Department for excellence in education, research and innovation.
To serve the national and international community by providing quality education, research and innovations in the field of Mechanical Engineering by producing competent professionals and to establish the effective partnership among University, industry and government-based organizations which will eventually enhance the economic development of the state of Pakistan.
- PEC and HEC Approved Programs
- High Tech Laboratories, design project, latest software’s
Department of Mechanical Engineering has following fully equipped labs:
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Workshop Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Drawing and Graphics Lab
- Simulation & CAD Lab
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
- Mechanics of Machines Lab
- Mechanics of Materials Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Renewable Energy Lab
- Manufacturing Process Lab
- Outcome-Based Education (OBE) has been implemented in the Faculty of Engineering, in accordance with the directives of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC). This is also one of the requirements for us to become a full member of the Washington Accord, an international agreement to mutually recognize Bachelor degrees in engineering.
- Faculty Member of Department of Mechanical Engineering awarded 2 HEC funded project
- Dr Mubashir Gulzar, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering Department published book named: “Tribological Study of Nanoparticles Enriched Bio-based Lubricants for Piston Ring-Cylinder Interaction” 1st Edition, ISBN 978-981-10-8293-1 DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-8294-8, Springer Singapore
- Final year project of Mechanical Engineering Students named “Bio-Hybrid Vehicle” got recognition from Pakistan one of the largest firms FFC and will become a source for uplifting the confidence of both academia and industrial technical personals
- Students of Mechanical Engineering Department also participate in different national competition and wins the prestige prizes
The Department is currently offering following program:
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Material Sciences*
- MS Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering*
* Subject to approval / NOC from HEC / Competent Authority / Accreditation Body