The Department of Computer Science at KFUEIT offers students and faculty a close-knit community to learn, discover, and innovate, in a shared quest for computational solutions to a spectrum of challenging problems. Our focus is on quality teaching and research using state-of-the-art facilities. The department copes with the modern needs of Information Technology where the main objective is to produce quality computer professionals and software engineers to meet the emerging demands of IT at national and international markets. We have a well-designed curriculum as per HEC requirements with a combination of foundation, core and elective courses supported by the final year projects and internship program. The examination of the department is based on the semester system under unified exam policy of the university.
The department educates and conducts research covering wide areas from fundamental technologies such as software engineering, image processing,
object oriented programming, computer architecture, algorithms, database system,
networks and communications, and Internet technologies, which support infrastructures of
the highly information-oriented society to applied and advanced technologies. To achieve
this mission, we provide attractive educational programs for students to learn from the
basics to advanced technologies related to computer science and information technology.
Through our educational programs, students are expected to become leading developers
and researchers who are highly motivated and have practical, creative, and management
skills to drive an advanced next-generation information society in all industrial fields.
To be recognized as a centre of excellence internationally in teaching and research in computer science to contribute for the local and national development.
Our mission is to provide a quality education in computer science;
- To produce graduates who are successful professionally, ethically, technically and scientifically to make positive contributions in the field of computing.
- To create, share, and apply knowledge in interdisciplinary research areas to perform a significant role in the continuing local and global transformations.
- To contribute positively to the economic development of the country providing services to the local community.
- To prepare the human resources to overcome the shortage of skilled manpower who can face the challenges of the 21st Century.
Key Features / Facilities:
- State of the art Computing Labs
- Fareed Computing Research Center (www.fcrc.work)
- Highly qualified Faculty having Nation and International exposure.
- Best Teacher Award 2018
- Won National level competitions such as; ASCII, Microsoft Imagine Cup.
- Research Publications in high ranked journals.
- Member of National Curriculum Revision Committee.
- Dr. Arif Mehmood become reviewer of ETRI journal.
- Mr. Saqib Ubaid become member of Punjab Curriculum & Textbook Board (PCTB)
Programs Being Offered:
- BS Computer Science
- MSc Computer Science
- MS Computer Science
- MS Data Science *
- PhD Computer Science *
* Subject to approval / NOC from HEC / Competent Authority / Accreditation Body