Introduction and Overview:
Computer Engineering Department (CPED) at Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology (KFUEIT) was established in 2017. CPED enjoys newly purpose built infrastructure with faculty offices, teaching rooms, lecture theatres and laboratories. The department has well experienced teaching staff from diverse backgrounds. CPED offers specialization in:
- Image Processing
- VLSI System Design
- Software Engineering
At CPED we follow Outcome Base Education (OBE) paradigm to get aligned with Washington accord for our Undergraduate Programs.
Department Vision & Mission:
To become a globally recognized Computer Engineering Department that will have an overwhelming impact on society through continual innovation in education, research, creativity and entrepreneurship.
The Department mission is the discovery, dissemination and application of knowledge. It offers degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels and pursues a broad agenda of research and creative activities. It aims to shape the future by:
- Offering nationally competitive and internationally recognized opportunities for learning
- Fostering continual innovation and creativity and promoting new ideas
- Making a significant, sustainable and socially responsible contribution to the region, the nation and the World
- Creating awareness and promoting health, economic and cultural wellbeing
Key Features / Facilities
- 5 PhDs Faculty Members
- 4 MS Faculty Members
- 3 Lab Engineers
- 3 Research Assistants
- 3 Lab Assistants
- 1 Office Attendant
- Young, energetic and dynamic team.
- Outcome Based Education in practice at CPE to conform to Washington Accord.
- Dedicated infra-structure. (12 Faculty Offices, 6 large scale labs, 2 Admin offices)
- PEC and HEC Approved Programs
- Our faculty is graduated from the top ranked Universities nationally and internationally.
- State of art laboratories (Latest Computing machines, micro-processors, micro-controllers, trainer kits)
- State of art research equipment
- One of the first spectral Imaging Lab in Pakistan