Introduction and Overview
History of Civil Engineering dates back with the evolution of human needs for food, shelter and routes for transportation. It stands among the oldest engineering disciplines in human history and universally recognized as the mother of all engineering disciplines. Civil Engineering is a broad and vast field which encompasses everything that we see around us, either has been built or being built using the natural and or manmade resources. It widely covers the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings, bridges, streets and highways, railways, airports, industries, all kind of infrastructure for water supply, sewage, hydraulic structures and irrigation system and many more.
Civil Engineering Department at Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering & Information Technology was established in 2017 with the first intake of fifty (50) students of BS Civil Engineering from fall 2017. Pakistan Engineering Council issued the green signal after the successful zero visit in November 2017. MS Civil Engineering (Specialization in Water Resources & Irrigation Engineering) started from Spring 2019 after HEC issued the NOC (No objection certificate). KFUEIT is among the few public sector universities in Southern Punjab, offering BS and MS Programs in Civil Engineering. Infrastructure of department has already been completed and labs have been equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment and commercial testing facilities. Advance testing and research equipment with allied facilities have also been planned and in the process of purchase to fulfil the academic requirements, strengthening the commercial testing, consultancy and research-oriented activities at full scale. Currently, the departmental labs facilities are not only meeting the educational requirements and professional growth of students, but also covering the regional needs of commercial testing. Keeping in view the field requirements and having ample lab facilities, department is further planning and processing for offering of master degree programs in other specialized fields of Civil engineering.
Vision & Mission
Mission of the department is to impart high quality civil engineering education by modern teaching techniques and research methodologies for acquiring the latest, creative and lifelong learning knowledge of engineering, sciences and technology. The mission also focuses the development of professional and ethical qualities to be a successful Engineer and responsible member of society for national and international infrastructural and socio-economic development.
Vision of the department is to achieve the national and international acceptance by developing the learning environment for theoretical and practical education and purposeful research that produce competent and problem solver civil engineers in the seven major areas: Hydraulics and water resources, Structural Engineering, Materials and Forensic Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental engineering and Construction Project Management.
- Departmental Strength
- 2 PhD, 4 MSc Civil Engineering
- 1 Director Labs, 3 Engineers, 8 Support Staff
- Well established departmental infrastructure (12 faculty offices, 4 lecture theatres, 13 Large – scale laboratories, 2 Admin offices, 1 departmental Library)
- PEC and HEC Approved Program
- Faculty is graduated from the top ranked universities nationally and internationally
- Laboratories with latest Equipment and Machinery (Latest Universal Testing Machine, Computerized Triaxial Compression Machine, Reaction Frame, Computerized Compression Testing Machine, Non – destructive Testing Facilities.
Degree Programs Being Offered
- BS Civil Engineering (4 Years Program)
- MS Civil Engineering (2 Years Program)
- Specialization in Water Resources & Irrigation Engineering
Lab Facilities / Infrastructure
Following state of the art laboratory facilities have been developed at the Department of Civil Engineering.
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
- Computer Center Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Concrete Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Foundation Engineering Lab
- Hydraulics Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Hydrology and Irrigation Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- GIS & RS Lab
- Earthquake Engineering Lab